Camp Lutherhaven is excited to introduce Keith Peters as our next Director of Summer & Youth Ministry! We welcome Keith, his wife Jana, and their three daughters to the Lutherhaven family.
Keith was born and raised in Oklahoma. He spent six memorable summers on staff at Camp Lutherhoma during high school and college. Continuing his passion for Outdoors Ministry he was part of Walcamp Outdoor Ministries, IL as the Program Director from 2003-2008.
Keith met his wife Jana at Walcamp, where they partnered to run Walcamp’s Special Needs Camps. Though passionate about camp ministry, God arranged for him to join the staff at Fellowship of Faith Church (LCMS) as a Spiritual Formation Guide and contributed to the areas of adult studies, new members, leadership of small group ministries and music/curriculum for Sunday School. During this time at FOF Keith and Jana started their family expansion and have three lovely daughters – each unique and amazing in their own ways. Keith also received his Masters in Religion through Concordia Chicago while at FOF. Feeling the pull back to camp ministry, Keith took a position at Lake Geneva Camps and Conferences as the Assistant Program Director in 2016.
- Jana is a Deaconess with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and has worked in disability ministry most of her career. She is a loving mother and a very patient wife.
- Rose just started high school and is a reader and a runner.
- Emily is in 5thgrade and loves art, creativity and being the center of attention!
- Autumn is in Kindergarten, loves silly songs with Larry, really loves her family and has a sweet tooth.
- Keith loves the Bible – everything about it. He devours commentaries and loves teaching and learning scripture. He also runs every day, loves blue grass music and good coffee. A combination that his family finds both a little weird and a lot of crazy, but he is okay with that.
Grateful for this wealth of experience in both camp and parish ministry, Keith and his family are ecstatic to be joining the Lutherhaven community the beginning of March.
Here are some ways you, your congregation, or community can help Camp Lutherhaven during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Spread the Word
- In Person: Share with your friends and family about Camp Lutherhaven and encourage them to join you in supporting Camp.
- At Church: Be an advocate for Lutherhaven in your church. Share with your pastor, youth leader, or small group about Camp Lutherhaven and how they can support this ministry. Click the links below for some resources you can share with your church today!
- In Your Community:
- Hold an event or fundraiser to raise money to support Camp Lutherhaven.
- Collect a special offering
- On Social Media:
Commit Long Term
The True North Relief Fund has been created in response to help meet Lutherhaven’s immediate needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, we do not know how long this pandemic or it’s effects will last. Donors who give monthly and yearly make a huge difference in Lutherhaven’s ability to carry out the mission and ministry. Would you consider becoming a monthly supporter today?
Give online or for more information, please call our office at 260.636.7101 and we will be glad to talk with you about a plan for giving.
We believe God hears our prayers and answers them. Please join us in praying for Camp Lutherhaven during this time.
- Pray that people would respond to the needs of Camp.
- Pray for wisdom and strength for the Lutherhaven staff.
- Pray for continued safety and health for all the guests who come to Lutherhaven and the staff who serve them.
- Pray for the transition of staff members during this time.
Camp Lutherhaven invites your family to come out for a Family Getaway!
Families are welcome to visit Lutherhaven for a day or overnight to explore the trails, splash in Lake Muncie or take a boat out, play on the playground, and have a picnic! If staying overnight, sleep in one of Lutherhaven’s cabins or bring your own tent, cook dinner over a fire, enjoy seeing the sunset, and watch the stars come out!
At this time, Lutherhaven is offering these Family Getaways free of charge and asking families to consider making a free will donation.
Personal retreats also continue to be available for individuals to spend time with God in His creation at Lutherhaven.
If you are interested in setting up a Family Getaway for your family or a personal retreat, please contact Bethany at email@example.com or 260-636-7101 for more information. We look forward to seeing you and your family at Lutherhaven this fall!