Camp Lutherhaven is excited to introduce Keith Peters as our next Director of Summer & Youth Ministry! We welcome Keith, his wife Jana, and their three daughters to the Lutherhaven family.
Keith was born and raised in Oklahoma. He spent six memorable summers on staff at Camp Lutherhoma during high school and college. Continuing his passion for Outdoors Ministry he was part of Walcamp Outdoor Ministries, IL as the Program Director from 2003-2008.
Keith met his wife Jana at Walcamp, where they partnered to run Walcamp’s Special Needs Camps. Though passionate about camp ministry, God arranged for him to join the staff at Fellowship of Faith Church (LCMS) as a Spiritual Formation Guide and contributed to the areas of adult studies, new members, leadership of small group ministries and music/curriculum for Sunday School. During this time at FOF Keith and Jana started their family expansion and have three lovely daughters – each unique and amazing in their own ways. Keith also received his Masters in Religion through Concordia Chicago while at FOF. Feeling the pull back to camp ministry, Keith took a position at Lake Geneva Camps and Conferences as the Assistant Program Director in 2016.
- Jana is a Deaconess with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and has worked in disability ministry most of her career. She is a loving mother and a very patient wife.
- Rose just started high school and is a reader and a runner.
- Emily is in 5thgrade and loves art, creativity and being the center of attention!
- Autumn is in Kindergarten, loves silly songs with Larry, really loves her family and has a sweet tooth.
- Keith loves the Bible – everything about it. He devours commentaries and loves teaching and learning scripture. He also runs every day, loves blue grass music and good coffee. A combination that his family finds both a little weird and a lot of crazy, but he is okay with that.
Grateful for this wealth of experience in both camp and parish ministry, Keith and his family are ecstatic to be joining the Lutherhaven community the beginning of March.