Looking for a fun outing for your family and friends? Join Camp Lutherhaven for its 12th Annual 5K Trail Run/Walk and Moose Chase Mile on June 19th, 2021. All ages and abilities are welcome! So spread the word to potential runners/walkers, as well as event and T-shirt sponsors. For you runners out there, the course record to beat is 18:11 set by Kevin Heckman in 2013.
As the financial impact of the pandemic continues to challenge the programs at Camp Lutherhaven, this summer’s race will support the ministry of Camp Lutherhaven. A big thank you to all 2020 virtual participants. Your steps helped raise more than $12,000 to help Lutherhaven through a COVID year!
Sign up today for the 2021 5K!
The 5K event is scheduled for Saturday, June 19, 2021. Save the date and register online today.
|5K Trail Run/Walk
Moose Chase Mile
|Free Will Donation|
All pre-registered participants will receive a sticker. In addition, In-Person participants will receive an Event T-shirt, Goodie Bag and Post-Race Refreshments. T-shirts are not guaranteed after June 11th.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Registration & Packet Pick-up Starting at 7:30 AM
- Moose Chase Mile 8:30 AM
- 5K Trail Run/Walk 9:00 AM
- Awards Ceremony & Post-Race Celebration Following 5K Event
- Moose Chase Mile: Top Boy and Top Girl
- 5K Trail Run/Walk: Overall winners (Male, Female & Masters)
- Age Group Winners: 10 & under, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71 & over
Camp Lutherhaven’s 5K Trail Run/Walk was established in 2010 for athletes and enthusiasts to experience Camp’s setting first-hand and for partners to contribute to the success of its mission. Various sponsorship opportunities are available and provide organizations unique benefits for maximum exposure and name recognition. Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Contact Spencer Scott, 5K Sponsorship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Camp Lutherhaven is located just outside Albion, IN. The first half of the 5K Trail Run/Walk (totaling 3.1 miles) combines flat roads and easy hills of surrounding rural lanes. The second half winds its way through camp’s main grounds and the rolling hills of oak and hickory forest trails finishing along the shores of Lake Muncie. Don’t underestimate the ups and downs of elevation! See the trail map below.
Camp Lutherhaven’s 5K Trail Run/Walk is a 100% volunteer-managed event. Helping hands grow its impact:
- Before the Race – Contacting sponsors, recruiting registrations and assisting in race preparations
- On Race Day – Course set up/take down, event registration, race course hosts, and more!
- After the Race – Event wrap up as well as thanking sponsors and registrants
Contact us if you are interested in helping.
Contact Janet (Kiefer) Smith, 5K Director, at (260) 413-3839 or email@example.com
Janet Smith and Spencer Scott