Looking for a fun outing for your family and friends? Join Camp Lutherhaven for its annual 5K Trail Run/Walk and Moose Chase Mile on June 22nd, 2019. All ages and abilities are welcome! So spread the word to potential runners/walkers and also event and T-shirt sponsors. For you runners out there, the course record to beat is 18:11 set by Kevin Heckman in 2013. This summer’s race will again help raise money to enable children to have a summer camp adventure who otherwise could not afford it. A big thank you to all 2018 participants. Your steps helped raise more than $2,500 to help needy families afford a summer camp adventure!
Sign up today for the 2018 5K!
(on/before June 15th)
up through Race Day
|5K Trail Run/Walk|
Moose Chase Mile
Fee includes Race T-Shirt, Goodie Bag and Post-Race Refreshments. T-shirts are not guaranteed after June 14th registrations.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Registration & Packet Pick-up Starting at 7:30 AM
- Moose Chase Mile 8:30 AM
- 5K Trail Run/Walk 9:00 AM
- Awards Ceremony & Post-Race Celebration Following 5K Event
- Moose Chase Mile – Top boy and Top girl
- 5K Trail Run/Walk – Overall winners (Male, Female & Masters)
- Age Group Winners: 10 & under, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71 & over
Camp Lutherhaven’s 5K Trail Run/Walk was established in 2010 for athletes and enthusiasts to experience camp’s setting first-hand and for partners to contribute to the success of its mission. Various sponsorship opportunities are available and provide organizations unique benefits for maximum exposure and name recognition. Interested in becoming a Sponsor? Contact Janet Smith, 5K Director, at (260) 413-3839 or email@example.com.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Camp Lutherhaven is located just outside Albion, IN. The first half of the 5K Trail Run/Walk (totaling 3.1 miles) combines flat roads and easy hills of surrounding rural lanes. The second half winds its way through camp’s main grounds and the rolling hills of oak and hickory forest trails finishing along the shores of Lake Muncie. Don’t underestimate the ups and downs of elevation! See the trail map below.
Camp Lutherhaven’s 5K Trail Run/Walk is a 100% volunteer-managed event. Helping hands grow its impact:
- Before the Race – Contacting sponsors, recruiting registrations and assisting in race preparations
- On Race Day – Course set up/take down, event registration, race course hosts, and more!
- After the Race – Event wrap up as well as thanking sponsors and registrants
Contact us if you are interested in helping.
Contact Janet (Kiefer) Smith, 5K Director, at (260) 413-3839 or firstname.lastname@example.org Race Coordinators:
Janet Smith and Spencer Scott