Last updated May 12, 2022
Throughout its history, Camp Lutherhaven has been committed to providing adventurous, faith-building experiences for children, youth, adults, and families while maintaining high standards of health and safety for the well-being of every person who attends. The pandemic landscape has greatly improved. Camp has weathered the storm of the past two Covid summers. We’re confident that we can refine our program and guidelines to adapt as necessary to provide another great, memorable, and safe camp adventure.
Lutherhaven Covid practices are based on the current developments, projections, and recommendations from local, regional, and national public health authorities.
This Coming Summer We Will…
- Take into account changing local, regional, and national rates of community spread, public health recommendations, testing and vaccination scenarios.
- Know that a growing number of our friends, neighbors, and family members have either been vaccinated or have contracted Covid-19 and therefore have increased immunity.
- Provide families, group leaders, parents, and care givers information to help them decide on summer camp for their family, youth, children, or group.
- Keep you informed of any changes along the way.
Our COVID-19 Protocols may change, if necessary, and will be shared as they are developed. This is depending on local rates of spread or the advent of a new variant. For registered families, this information will be shared directly with you.
If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or call us at (260) 636-7101.
Masks Not Required
Based on new masking guidelines from the CDC, staff and guests at Lutherhaven are no longer required to wear face masks, regardless of vaccination status.
- Campers at high risk for severe illness should talk to their healthcare provider about whether they need to wear a mask and take other precautions.
- Campers will not need to mask this summer, under current CDC guidelines.
- Campers may choose to mask at any time.
Sunday Worship and Lunch Return
Lutherhaven is excited to let families know that Camp invites you to join us for outdoor worship services again this summer. People may also join us for lunch following worship.
- Our worship service begins at 11:00 am in the Pavilion each Sunday morning.
- Bring a picnic lunch or join us in the Dining Room for Sunday lunch. (Ages 13+: $8/person, children ages 6-12: $6/person, children 5 & under are free.)
- Stay and enjoy the afternoon by swimming, boating, or hiking around Camp until the summer camp program begins at 2:45 pm.
Opening and Closing Celebrations
Parents and families are welcome to attend Camp’s opening and closing celebrations this summer as they had before the last 2 Covid summers.
At 2:45pm, all families are encouraged to attend an opening celebration that will be held in the Pavilion until approximately 3:15pm. Until that time, we are unable to provide adequate supervision for your child(ren). After the opening, the Camp adventure will continue with each child joining their respective cabin groups (Lutherhaven is on EDT).
- WEEKLONG CAMPS:
- HALF WEEK CAMPS: (Explorer 1, 3, 5, 9, 11) (Youth 3.5A, 6.5A)
At 2:45pm, all families are encouraged to attend an opening celebration that will happen in the Daniel Retreat Center until approximately 3:15pm. After the opening, the Camp adventure will continue with each child joining their respective cabin groups (Lutherhaven is on EDT).
- HALF WEEK CAMPS: (Explorer 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) (Youth 3.5B, Youth 6.5B)
Camp Lutherhaven’s closing program begins at 3:30 pm and ends at 4:00 pm on Tuesday at the fire circle. Please join us for this celebration and pick up your campers afterwards. (Lutherhaven is on EDT).
- HALF WEEK CAMPS: (Explorer 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) (Youth 3.5A, 6.5A)
Camp Lutherhaven’s closing program begins at 3:30 pm and ends at approximately 4:00 pm on Friday in the Pavilion. (Lutherhaven is on EDT). Please join us for this celebration and pick up your campers afterwards.
- WEEKLONG CAMPS
- HALF WEEK CAMPS: (Explorer 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) (Youth 3.5B, 6.5B)
Program Changes in Place
- No Off-Site Activities
In an effort to limit potential exposure throughout the week, Campers will not make off-site trips during the week.
- Pre-Screening Health Form
A pre-screening health form will again be required to turn in at Registration Check-in.
- Camp Sessions NOT Offered in 2022
With trying to limit the mixing of campers from multiple cabins and with outside groups, the following summer programs are not scheduled for this summer.
- Adventure Unlimited
- Discovery Week (some sessions will be provided as their own camp session in 2022, such as Expedition, Mess Making, Mad Science, Art Attack)
- Horse Camp
- Soccer Camp
- Campers were able to be mask free over 95% of their time at Camp.
- Large group gatherings were minimized, and offsite travel was restricted.
- The program and schedule were adapted to maximize fun and reduce exposure to those outside each camper group or cohort.
- With over 1600 participants, we only had 2 known cases of COVID-19 on Camp, with no known community spread to other campers or staff.
For the latest on how Indiana is affected by Covid-19, check out this helpful link:
- Indiana’s Covid-19 Dashboard and Map: Indiana’s Guidelines and Regulations regarding Covid-19.