Last updated February 5, 2022
Throughout its history, Camp Lutherhaven has been committed to providing adventurous, faith-building experiences for children, youth, adults, and families while maintaining high standards of health and safety for the wellbeing of every person who attends. Looking ahead to this summer, we’re hopeful the pandemic landscape will be greatly improved from its current state. However, as a camp that has weathered the storm of the past two Covid summers, we’re confident that we can refine our program and guidelines to adapt as necessary to provide another great, memorable, and safe camp adventure.
Because of this uncertainty of where Covid restrictions may be this summer, you will see the TBD (To Be Determined) circle below for those areas that the Camp staff will modify as we get closer, and things become clearer. Stay tuned for new information shared by Camp Lutherhaven on our website and Facebook page. Once any decisions are made, (most likely in May) we will send out an email notifying registered camper families of any changes regarding their scheduled session.
If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (260) 636-7101.
This Coming Summer We Will…
- Take into account changing local, regional, and national rates of community spread, public health recommendations, and testing and vaccination scenarios.
- Know that a growing number of our friends, neighbors, and family members have either been vaccinated or have contracted Covid-19 and therefore have increased immunity.
- Provide families, group leaders, parents, and care givers information to help them decide on summer camp for their family, youth, children, or group.
- Keep you informed of any changes along the way.
Areas that are TBD (To Be Determined)
- Programming Adaptations are TBD
Lutherhaven will determine what aspects of the summer programming need or do not need changes closer to summer. Things like camp capacities, facemask use, the extent of keeping campers in cohorts and/or adapting camp activities are TBD.
- Camp Session Opening and Closing Programs are TBD
Normally, except the last two years, parents and friends are invited to a Camp Session opening and closing with their campers. For 2022, these are still TBD. Registration check-in and pick-up times are still listed in your Parent Handbooks located on the Parent Portal.
- Weekend Family Camp Changes TBD
Our weekend camp’s open beach time on Sunday is TBD.
- Sunday worship and dinner options are TBD
Our normal 11am Sunday public outdoor worship service and Sunday dinner following is TBD.
Program Changes Already in Place
- No Off-Site Activities
In an effort to limit potential exposure throughout the week, Campers will not make off-site trips during the week.
- Pre-Screening Health Form
A pre-screening health form will again be required to turn in at Registration Check-in.
- Camp Sessions NOT Offered in 2022
With trying to limit the mixing of campers from multiple cabins and with outside groups, the following summer programs are not scheduled for this summer.
- Adventure Unlimited
- Discovery Week (some sessions will be provided as their own camp session in 2022, such as Expedition, Mess Making, Mad Science, Art Attack)
- Horse Camp
- Soccer Camp
- Campers were able to be mask free over 95% of their time at Camp.
- Large group gatherings were minimized, and offsite travel was restricted.
- The program and schedule were adapted to maximize fun and reduce exposure to those outside each camper group or cohort.
- With over 1600 participants, we only had 2 known cases of COVID-19 on Camp, with no known community spread to other campers or staff.
Again, stay tuned for new information shared by Camp Lutherhaven on our website and Facebook page. Once any decisions are made, (most likely in May) we will send out an email notifying registered camper families of any changes regarding their scheduled session.
For the latest on how Indiana is affected by Covid-19, check out this helpful link:
- Indiana’s Covid-19 Dashboard and Map: Indiana’s Guidelines and Regulations regarding Covid-19.